Hymn of Christ
Words & Music by Carson Li@KEC Music
Generosity is not just an activity, nor is it a one-time action.
Generosity is a characteristic of the Christian life. Generosity is a demonstration that the church is the salt and light of the world. It is a natural response among those who have experienced God’s grace.
In 2 Corinthians, Paul emphasized the importance of practicing generosity among the believers. And here are the three reasons mentioned by Paul:
GOD LOVES CHEERFUL GIVERS
- God delights our generosity because He himself is a generous God.
- Generosity is one of God’s attributes. Though Jesus was rich, yet for our sake He became poor, so that we by His poverty might become rich.
- As we become increasingly generous, we will grow in our godly character.
GOD MULTIPLIES WHAT YOU HAVE WHEN YOU GIVE
- Not only does God love us to be generous, He will also become the greatest support of our generous actions.
- Not only does God provide us with what we need, He will also give us more than what we need - so that we can give to others.
- Our generosity will become a channel of God’s grace to bless many others.
THE WORLD WILL SEE GOD THROUGH OUR GENEROSITY
- Through the generosity of God’s people, others will get a taste and be attracted to the Christian meaning of love.
- Our generosity will also provoke curiosity among non-believers about Christian faith.
- How did you practice generosity in the past? Do you walk your talk?
- Do you notice anyone who is in need around you? How can you help them?
- Just as you have received God's grace in the past, would this become your motivation to treat others generously?
Raise a Hallelujah
Words & Music by Jake Stevens Jonathan David Helser Melissa Helser Molly Skaggs
Hymn of Christ
Words & Music by Carson Li@KEC Worship
Words and Music by Steven Furtick, Ben Fielding, Jason Ingram, Chris Brown and Matt Redman