The Church Scattered
- Opposition against the Jerusalem church did not stop at ACTS 5.
- Starting from chapter 6, he opposition intensified
- Stephen was cast out of the city and being stoned to death
- After this tragedy, there was a great persecution against the church.
- The Jerusalem church was shattered and shattered.
- How would one continue to follow Jesus in such a tough time?
Surprises in Samaria
- Instead of hiding, Philip went down to Samaria and continued proclaiming Christ.
- Samaria was not supposed to be a gospel-friendly place
- To everyone’s surprise, the Samaritans were positive about God.
- Lives were restored and transformed and there was much joy in that city.
- The exciting work at Samaria was affirmed by the apostles in Jerusalem.
From Unplugged to Anchored
- Philip did not limit God’s mission within the four walls of Jerusalem.
- Through a life anchored in God’s mission, the gospel is being proclaimed.
- The gospel is proclaimed through lives who were in step with the Spirit.
- From being unplugged to being anchored - in God’s presence and mission.