We are the sum of our fears
Fear of death, Fear of sickness,
Fear of hospitalization, Fear of the dentist,
Fear of insects, Fear of water,
Fear of height, Fear of flight,
Fear of loneliness, Fear of people,
Fear of deception, Fear of rejection,
Fear of persecution, Fear of betrayal,
Fear of sufferings, Fear of bullying,
Fear of war, Fear of famine,
Fear of fire, Fear of flood,
Fear of light, Fear of darkness,
Fear of demons, Fear of evil.
Harassed by the forces of evil
– There are evil forces out there that are beyond our control. They are agents of chaos and disorder, darkness and exploitations, bondage and sin.
– The best we can do is to avoid them, but we cannot fight them. For they are too powerful.
– If we could avoid them, we would. If we could bribe them, we would. If we could contain them, we would.
– Fear teaches us how to survive.
Jesus, the God of Peace
– When we encounter Jesus, he brings in something new to our lives – Peace.
– With Him, chaos could turn to order.
– Jesus just shows up. And he speaks.
– As he speaks, heaven opens. The power of God would come through him. The peace of God would flow through him into the chaos, into the disorder, into the darkness of the world.
– Jesus is the Fountain of Peace. He is the Prince of Peace. He is the God of Peace
The Peace of God available to us through prayer
– The Lord is near; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. … And the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:5-7,9)
– Like wearing the Iron Man suit, the peace of God is going to wrap itself around our hearts and our minds so that we will be protected from the voices of chaos, evil, and destructions.
Our peace can overflow into the chaos and darkness of the world
– The peace of God is going to come from Jesus into our hearts and our minds.
– And the peace will overflow from us into the chaos, disorder, and darkness of the world. We can bring the peace of God into the world.
Like the Avengers
– We have the weapon of love, the sword of truth, the shield of faith, and the suit of peace.
– What if the assets of heaven are truly at our disposal when we pray and when we give thanks?
– Then we too can be fearless like the Avengers.