The Fundamental Posture of Experiencing God
– Most of us long to have a personal experience with God.
– Grumbling about not having it; waiting passively for it; going through the motion with religious exercises do not help much.
– The posture to experience God is to seek, to pursue, to go after Him.
– The object to be pursued is to have God rule supremely in our lives.
– Jesus taught his disciples – Seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you. (Matthew 6:31-33)
The question to reflect upon
– Have you ever sought God for no other reason than to be with Him, to know Him, to honour Him, to love Him, and to obey Him?
The promise Jesus made
– Ask, and it will be given to you; Seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (Luke 11:9)
– If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. (Luke 11:11-13)
– The Father is delighted to give Himself, His own presence, the Holy Spirit, to all those who seek Him.
The promise God made
– You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord… (Jeremiah 29:13-14)
Change the way you pray
– Instead of asking God for this and for that; for more of this and for more of that, try this week to pray like this – Lord, I want more of you in my life, for the rest of my life. Please come and meet me where I am this week. Amen.