What is your Christmas colour?
- Blue Christmas is a day in the Advent season marking the longest night of the year.
- Some churches would hold a special church service that honours people who have lost loved ones and are experiencing grief.
- While Christmas is joyful for many people, Christmas can be BLUE for some people.
- We are stuck in a world with pain and suffering, which seems to have no end.
- Where do we find hope and courage to face the dark moments in life?
Reality Check from Romans 8
- Pain is Real
- God’s Creation (8:22)
- God’s People (8:23)
- Pain does not have the final word
- Present sufferings vs future glory (8:18)
- Freedom from bondage → Freedom of God’s glory (8:21)
- In the midst of pain, you are not forgotten.
- Holy Spirit prays for you (8:26-27)
- God is eager to complete His Promise (8:28-30)
Do the next Right Thing
- Make Room for a Miracle