One Bible, One Story
- The Christmas story actually did not start from Bethlehem.
- From the Garden of Eden to Calvary, from Genesis to Revelation, the books of the Bible are not just 66 independent writings - but one story of salvation.
One Story, One Focus
- In Luke 24, two disciples met the resurrected Lord on the road to Emmaus.
- Jesus explained all the verses about Christ in the Hebrew Bible to the disciples.
- Jesus is the Messiah to whom the entire Hebrew Bible is pointing to.
- Jesus then appeared to a group of disciples and opened their minds, to understand that the entire Hebrew Bible points to a single focus: the death and resurrection of the Messiah.
Unlocking the Bible
- From Genesis to Revelation, the entire Bible points to one person
- Jesus is the main character of the story of salvation.
- Jesus is the key that unlocks the entire Bible.
Two Questions for Bible Reading
- Does anything in this passage point directly to Jesus?
- How does this passage help my understanding of Jesus and what He has done?