We have received a reply from the Richmond Secondary School (RSS) that the school will not be renting both gymnasiums to us. With such short notice, the Council and the pastoral team have decided to sign a contract with RSS for the Multipurpose Room (MPR) and other classrooms. We will continue to seek a better long term venue solution.
To work with the venue limitations, we have made the following adjustments to our Sunday services:
9:45 am -11:00 am
- English Worship (Multipurpose Room)
- Karpos Children's Worship - Pre-school & Elementary (Classrooms)
- Youth Worship - Grade 6-9 (Multipurpose Room)
11:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Cantonese Worship (Multipurpose Room)
- Karpos Children's Worship - Toddler / Pre-school / Elementary / Gold (Classrooms)
- NO Youth Worship
The pastoral team and the leaders are confident that God will make a way for KEC - much like the Exodus journey. Throughout the difficulties, trials, and impossible situations, God had been present with His people. He would work miracles among them.
And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” (Exodus 14:13-14)
Let's continue to pray for our journey ahead:
- Pray for yourself - patience; endurance; willingness to go through the trial together; making hard and loving choices for the sake of others
- Pray for the church council - to be able to arrange meetings with authorities at the school and the school board and obtain a good outcome
- Pray for the VPs of various secondary schools in Richmond that one will be willing to rent their school to us.
- Pray for the staff team and the ministry teams who need to work out many logistic details in a short amount of time.
- Pray for a generous heart - that we can recover from the deficit situation ASAP