5 common reasons people enter into relationship
- I met someone I “feel good” hanging out with.
- He or she happens to be available at the time.
- It satisfies a mutual need – both lonely and need a companion.
- The relationship provides an escape from an life’s problem.
- My friends are in relationship.
7 generic qualities people look for in a boy/girl friend
- Fun to be with
- Good looking and/or sexually attractive
- Share common interests
- Totally accept one another
2 Timothy 2:20-22
- Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable.
- Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.
- Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
Christian qualities to look for in a partner
- Shared aspiration (2:21)
- Common pursuit (2:22)
- Lay out the conditions
- Be gentle yet firm
- Don’t be afraid to tell someone that this is not the right time
- Tell people straight - "I am very particular. I am looking for someone with shared aspiration and common pursuit."
7 enhanced (transformed) qualities
- Fun (Healthy self image in Christ)
- Good looking / sexually attractive (+ Inner beauty)
- Common interests (Shared aspiration)
- Caring (A heart to serve others)
- Strong (Stick to biblical principles)
- Smart (Humble & willing to learn)
- Totally accept each other (Grace & forgiveness)
What to do while waiting for a partner
- Prepare yourself to become the person whom your partner wants to share his/her aspiration and pursuit with.