Our Biggest Problem in Worship
- How often do we come to worship fully prepared?
- How often do we come to worship with expectation?
- The biggest problem in church worship today: we come to worship as though God is not here.
- How can we come to worship with a prepared and expected heart?
King David’s Last Act of Worship
- As the king enter his last chapter of life, he had only one final wish: to build a house for God - a temple
- From Chapter 22 to 28, we can see the complexity of this building project.
- It involved the preparation of building materials.
- It also involved finding the right people for different roles.
- At 1 Ch 29:10-22, David led the people to worship God.
- At the beginning of David's prayer, he started with a doxology.
- After a series of praises, David continued to worship God with thanksgiving.
- And then David recalled about the voluntary donations for the temple building.
- From the prayer, we do not find any boasting about how much the King had accomplished.
- At his last act of worship, David demonstrated what it means to worship with gratitude.