All In is a continuation of the Small Church Big Mission series. It is a time for us to share what we believe is important to us as a church. We shared about discipleship, service, hospitality, and generosity in Small Church, now we are talking about the fifth area important to this church - worship service.
We begin talking about worship by talking about the place of worship. Your perception of the significance of a place determines the attitude and behavior that you bring to the place. How significant we see our place of worship will determine the attitude that we bring to worship.
The significance of a place is not just determined by what is there, or even what happens there, it is also determined by who is here.
Who is in our place of worship?
- Jesus (Revelation 1:12-13)
What is he like?
- clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest.
- the hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow.
- his eyes were like a flame of fire,
- his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace,
- and his voice was like the roar of many waters.
- In his right hand he held seven stars,
- from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword,
- and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.
Do you want to meet him?
Look no further, He is present in the earthly congregation of the church.
Worship is an encounter with the living God.