Who Am I
Words & Music by Carson Li@KEC Worship
Who is God? What is God like?
Mankind has been seeking and searching for a higher entity since the beginning of civilization. From Greek mythology, to Mesopotamian mythology, or even Chinese mythology, people have been imagining and speculating about what heavens and gods and goddesses are like. But these mythologies and imaginations of gods and goddesses were always a reflection of the corruption and evilness of human nature. And we can never know for sure whether what we imagined was correct.
Until God revealed himself.
- “Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our father by the prophets (the OT books), but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son… through whom… he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature…” (Hebrews 1:1-3)
Who is Jesus?
- The exact imprint of God
- The image of the invisible God
- [At] the heart of the Christian faith is the view... that the being we refer to as ‘God’ was, and is, fully present, and fully discoverable, in and as Jesus of Nazareth.” (Tom Wright: The Original Jesus)
What is Jesus like? Who is the God that Jesus revealed?
- Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out with His hand and touched him, and said to him, “I am willing; be cleansed.” (Mark 1:41)
- Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him. (Matthew 20:34)
- When the Lord saw her, He felt compassion for her and said to her, “Do not go on weeping.” (Luke 7:13)
Our God is a compassionate God.
Our God who can move the mountains is moved by the cries of His people.
If you have been searching for God, and trying to understand God, will you seek Him by reading the gospels and seeing who Jesus is?
The promise that Jesus has given is this:
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)
Who Am I
Words & Music by Carson Li @KEC Worship
Words & Music by Brian Johnson & Phil Wickham
I Can’t Believe
Words and Music by Matthew Ntlele, Steven Furtick, Chris Brown and Stefan Green
Words and Music by Chris Tomlin and Ed Cash