Time of Uncertainty
- You were pushed out of your comfort zone.
- You were forced to deal with the change.
- Worse yet, there is little clarity on what lies ahead.
- The time of uncertainty can be an opportunity for breakthrough for those who are willing to step outside of their comfort zone.
- Think of Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses … when they were pushed out of their comfort zone.
The Greatest Breakthrough Story in Church History (Acts 10)
- Peter being led by the Spirit, stepped out of his comfort zone, and witnessed the greatest breakthrough in church history.
- "the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God.” (10:44-46)
Final Push Toward Breakthrough
- Peter was forced to defend his actions. (Acts 11:1-18)
- "If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way?” (Acts 11:16-17)
The Moment of Silence was the Turning Point (Acts 11:18a)
- Breakthrough often happen in the midst of silence, through a time of intense internal struggle.
- The internal struggle being: Will I resist the change? Or will I follow God’s leading wherever He wants to take me? Who has the final say?
- Out of the silence, through reflection, wrestling, and surrendering, breakthrough will emerge.
- Will you allow God to do His work in your moments of silence?